When the decion is unclear of whether your proposed project qualifies as permitted development the LDC route may be the best way forward. 

If there is a question over whether your proposal passes the permitted development tests you have some options. Lawful development certificate being one of them. 

For your peace of mind you may want to apply for a lawful development certificate (LDC). This is not the same as planning permission but is proof that your household building work is lawful.

If you should later want to sell your property, an LDC will be helpful to answer queries raised by potential buyers or their legal representatives. It is important that all paperwork and records relating to your property are clear and up to date, an LDC will cover any PD work completed. 

Give us a call to discuss: 01282 451428